Monday, April 4, 2011

Are You Ready for Spring Break?

It’s spring break around here. The challenge: meet my weekly/monthly freelance writing income goals in spite of four children under 11 engaging in constant combat and constantly complaining of boredom. Add the fact that we are packing to move out of state by June, and I’m leaving town on Wednesday, and you’ll understand exactly why I‘m praying for patience.

The good part about this spring break is we’re probably more prepared this year than we’ve ever been. Come to think of it, this is also a good time to start making summer plans for the kids. We’ll be in another state, so I’ll need to do some research now to find out what’s available. Making sure the kids have something to look forward to and do when we get to our new city will make it easier for me to unpack and transition more smoothly into my new office space (I hope).

In the mean time, I’ve planned my work schedule around a couple of fun activities, and have plenty of snacks and dvds on hand. I think we’ll survive.

What are your plans for spring break? Working (like me) or vacationing?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My spring break was the first week of March so it's long gone. I used it to get caught up on work.

Kimberly Ben said...

I think I'm working "smarter" this year. i spent the previous weekend writing ahead for my blogs and scheduling posts (I LOVE Wordpress just for that feature alone). It's making things much easier for me so far.

Lisa Vella said...

Kimberly,

Very nice blog you have here!

Our spring break will be spent in the Outer Banks. Having four children to watch over, tend to, and entertain, I'm not sure exactly how much writing I will get done, but there's always a way to make time for everything.

Have a great day!

Lisa

Kimberly Ben said...

Thanks, Lisa. We certainly have a lot in common - managing 4 children plus writing projects can be overwhelming. This year I think I planned ahead much better than I have during previous breaks. So far so good!

 
Designed by Lena